Are you intending to do any of the following work to your property? If so it may surprise you to know you will need to serve a Party Wall Notice on your Neighbour BEFORE starting the works and as well as serving this notice you have statutory waiting times after serving before you can start the work without agreement.
- Conversion of basement, loft or garage
- Roofing works, including to a chimney
- Evacuating and casting foundations within 3 or 6 metres of an adjoining building
- Alterations, demolition or even repairs to a wall, ceiling or floor shared with another property
- An extension no matter if rear, side or loft
- Building a wall up-to or astride the boundary with a neighbouring property
Home Heroes can assist you with notices working by agreement. We are able if a dispute arises to work with you as the Building Owners Surveyor and subject to the agreement of all parties we can even act as an agreed surveyor.