Are you aware that your neighbour plans on starting building work in the near future? Are you worried about the planning applications that have been submitted by your neighbours?
Are the works being carried out from the list below?
- Conversion of basement, loft or garage
- Roofing works, including to a chimney
- Evacuating and casting foundations within 3 or 6 metres of an adjoining building
- Alterations, demolition or even repairs to a wall, ceiling or floor shared with another property
- An extension no matter if rear, side or loft
- Building a wall up-to or astride the boundary with a neighbouring property
Well by law your neighbour is required to serve you with a Party Wall Notice, BEFORE commencing any of the above works.
The Party Wall etc. Act 1996, provides you with statutory protections not laid out in any other legislation. You are entitled to dissent to the Building Owners proposed works, it allows you some say over how the works will be carried out, how any damage is rectified and if necessary even allows for escrow protection in case something goes wrong.
At Home Heroes Limited we can advise you the Adjoining owner on party wall matters, we accept appointments as YOUR appointed surveyor